These little cakes are easy to make and look and taste great.
1 patty tin
Fairy cake cases
100g gluten free self-raising flour
100g caster sugar
1tsp baking powder
grated zest of 1 orange
2tsp vanilla essence
200g icing sugar
orange food colouring
1) Put 12 cake cases into the patty tin.
2) Put the flour, margarine, caster sugar, eggs, baking powder, orange zest and HALF of the vanilla essence into a bowl and mix until smooth.
3) Divide the mixture evenly between the cake cases and level with the back of a teaspoon.
4) Bake on 170*C fan for 15 minutes until they spring back when lightly pressed.
5) Allow to cool fully on a cooling tray before icing.
6) Put the butter into a bowl and use a spoon to soften it.
7) Slowly add the icing sugar and stir it into the butter.
8) Add the rest of the vanilla essence and stir.
9) Divide the buttercream equally between the 12 cakes and use a knife to shape it so that it looks like flames on top of each cake.
10) Dip the end of a cocktail stick into the orange food colouring and then drag it up the buttercream to add colour to the ‘flames.’
11) Snap the matchmakers into varying lengths and stack them up around the flames to look like logs on the bonfire.