The recipe I used is:
Ingredients (makes approx 16)
140g gluten free plain flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
100g margarine (or butter if you prefer)
236ml hot water
50g granulated sugar
2teaspoons cinnamon power
- Put the hot water and margarine into a pan and heat it gently until the margarine has completely dissolved.
- In a bowl (I used the Kitchen Aid to mix everything) mix the flour and salt.
- Pour the margarine and water mixture into the flour and mix to combine.
- Mix in the eggs until you have a smooth batter.
- Transfer the batter into a piping bag, or a jug if you don’t have a bag.
- Follow the instructions on your churro maker.
- Put the sugar and cinnamon into a sealable plastic bag.
- When the churros are still warm, put them in the bag, seal it and shake to cover the churros in cinnamon sugar.
Traditionally served with a thick, chocolate dipping sauce.