These muffins are quick and easy to make. They’re also a great way of using up over-ripe bananas.
Ingredients (makes 14)
250g gluten free self-raising flour
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder (check it’s gluten free)
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
115g caster sugar
75g margarine (melted and cooled)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 tablespoon honey
2 large, ripe bananas (mashed)
- Preheat the oven to 170C and put paper cases into a muffin tray.
- Put the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar into a bowl and mix well.
- In another bowl, use a fork to mix the margarine, eggs, vanilla essence, honey and milk.
- Add the bananas to the egg mixture and stir.
- Put the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases, filling the cases almost to the top.
- Bake for approx. 15 minutes, until golden brown and firm.