I adapted this recipe from a gluten-filled version I had. The muffins are easy to make and taste really good.
Recipe -Makes 12 muffins
85g gluten free oats
1tsp lemon juice
100g light brown sugar
120g gluten free self-raising flour
1tsp gluten free baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of salt
1. Put the lemon juice in the milk and then soak the oats in it for an hour.
2. Put paper cases into a muffin tin.
3. Preheat the oven to 190*C fan.
4. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Beat in the egg.
6. Set aside.
7. In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients and the sultanas.
8. Stir some of the dry mix into the butter mix. Then add some of the oats. Repeat until everything has been added.
9. Divide the mixture evenly between the paper cases.
10. Bake for 20 minutes. To check they are cooked, put a skewer into the centre for a few seconds. The muffins are cooked when the skewer comes out clean.